The Dinaric Arc Initiative (DAI) is a broad framework of collaboration which aims to add value to the ongoing programmes and activities of all its partners, and put in place new specific actions aiming at:
- The preservation of the wealth and integrity of the Dinaric Arc eco-region through the establishment of networks of protected areas and ecological corridors, and support to initiatives for the conservation of its biological diversity and the sustainable management of its resources;
- The preservation and valorisation of the cultural diversity and the cultural heritage of the Dinaric Arc;
- The promotion of intercultural dialogue, transboundary collaboration and scientific cooperation among the countries of the region;
- The empowerment of local societies to foster local community development through rural development measures based on the valorisation of the natural and cultural heritage, without overexploiting the capital of natural resources;
- The integration of environmental policies across all the relevant sectoral initiatives.
The Dinaric Arc Initiative is a partnership of WWF, IUCN, UNESCO-BRESCE, UNDP, UNEP, FAO, EuroNatur, SNV, REC, ECNC, and CIC.
Three years of DAI
Three years of DAI - Update